Lost Property - Guidance for Parents
Below is a summary of how lost property is dealt with at President Kennedy School. We appreciate that replacing lost items can be expensive, so hopefully these guidelines will help.
In the unfortunate event that your child does lose something, they should:
1. Visit the last area they were in. If the item is not there, they should retrace their steps and check all classrooms/areas that they have been in that day.
2. If they have been unable to find their lost item, they should go to their college heartspace and office to check whether it has been handed in. Please note that sometimes, it may take a few days before lost items are handed in.
3. Lost property may also be handed in to the admin team. The admin team can accompany students to look for lost property in a designated store room. If students would like to check if their items have been handed in there, they should make their way to the Main Reception after school at 3pm.
4. Small, valuable items like purses, keys, watches, glasses and phones are held in Main Reception, not put into the lost property room, so check at Main Reception if the lost item was valuable.
5. If your child cannot find their item, you can contact Main Reception at Reception@pks.coventry.sch.uk and provide details of what has been lost. In the event that the items turn up, we can reunite you with them.
Our staff will endeavour to return labelled items promptly to their rightful owner.
Please remember that we have approximately 1,800 students at President Kennedy School. We cannot recognise items as belonging to a particular student if they are not labelled. Therefore, it is important all items are labelled correctly; both clothing and equipment. Simply writing your child’s full name, surname and tutor group or initials and school year will help them to reclaim lost items.
Please remember that over time, labels do wear/wash off so remarking is advisable.
Lost property that is not labelled will be held for at least 1 half-term (approx. 6-7 weeks). At the end of this period, any lost property not claimed will be donated to a local charity.
We hope you find this information useful, and thank you for your co-operation.