Information for Parents/Carers
The school has a a dedicated Careers Sharepoint site for students which contains Labour Market Information, upcoming events and details of opportunities for students that they may wish to consider when they leave school.
The school also utilises the unifrog platform, an award-winning, online careers platform and all students have access to this excellent website. Please ask your children to login and show you these resources.
Unifrog brings into one place every undergraduate university course, apprenticeship, and college course in the UK, as well as other opportunities, such as School Leaver Programmes, MOOCs and every college at Oxford and Cambridge. This make it easy for students to compare and choose the best university courses, apprenticeships or further education courses for them. They can also explore exciting opportunities further afield by looking at English taught undergraduate programmes available in Europe and the USA.
Additionally, the platform helps students successfully apply for these opportunities by writing their personal statement, applications and CVs and guiding them through the process, allowing teachers to give live feedback.
Other Useful Links
Additionally, there are a number of other sites that support parents in talking to their children about their futures, including:
- https://www.facebook.com/CareersHubCW (this is the Facebook page for the Coventry and Warwickshire Careers Hub - they post details of local opportunities and provide resources to support your child)
National Careers Service
The National Careers Service offers information and professional advice about education, training and work to adults and young people aged 13 years and over. Pupils and their parents/carers can access support via a website, helpline (0800 100 900) and web chat.
TheParentsGuideTo April Newsletter
TheParentsGuideTo website produces a monthly newsletter crammed full of useful links and ideas to support your child's careers choices. Their April newsletter is available now and contains:
- Having some fun over the Easter holidays
- Get competitive – competitions to help your teen stand out
- How stress affects teens and what you can do to help
- Engaging the senses to get more out of life for you and your teen
- Virtual work experience – why your child should take part
- The Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
- Awarding academic grades in 2021 without examinations