Coronavirus - Advice from School *UPDATED - 22nd May 2020 - Letter from Headteacher
Please click here for the latest letter from the Headteacher - 22nd May 2020
Please click for Covid-19 Safeguarding Policy
Please click for Latest Letter from the Headteacher
Coronavirus (Covid-19): Implementing social distancing in education and childcare settings:
Fraud targeting parents of children in FSM:
The DfE has warned that fraudsters are targeting parents of children eligible for free school meals. Families have received an email requesting their bank details, claiming this will enable their children to continue receiving meals through school closures amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
DfE are urging parents to delete the scam email immediately.
Children with Asthma:
Asthma UK published the following shielding advice yesterday for children with asthma:
"If you are, or your child is, taking:
· Any biologic therapy, also called a mAb (Xolair/omalizumab, Nucala/mepolizumab, Cinqaero/reslizumab, Fasenra/benralizumab)
· Steroid tablets or liquid every day
· Antibiotic tablets or liquid for asthma every week (e.g. azithromycin)
· A combination inhaler that also contains a long-acting bronchodilator (e.g. Seretide, Fostair, Symbicort) at a high daily steroid dose (see the list …..in the article)
· An inhaler with a high daily steroid dose (see the list….in the article) AND you are taking Montelukast
· You have been admitted to hospital for your asthma in the last 12 months
· You have ever been admitted to an intensive care unit for your asthma
Then you should follow the shielding advice which is set out in very helpful detail, including how to register for extra services from the government.”
Over the next few weeks children may be spending an increasing amount of time online and it is therefore important that they know how to keep themselves safe online.
To support this https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/ will be sharing a series of age appropriate worksheets for parents to complete with children at home -
Please see attachment below of email sent out to parents/carers Friday 20th March 2020 regarding children who are eligible to attend school from Monday 23rd March 2020.
Please see attachment below regarding Free School Meal provision from Monday 23rd March 2020.
In light of government guidance, the school is reducing face to face contact with staff and is encouraging parents and visitors not to come into school. If you need to contact a member of staff, please telephone the school in the first instance or email our reception team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.
President Kennedy School.