Educational Opportunity for All
President Kennedy School is committed to Building Brighter Futures for our students, our staff and our Community. This commitment includes targeted action to address inequality and ensure disadvantaged groups are proactively supported to access the educational opportunities we offer.
We are working towards five Equality Objectives:
- To narrow the gap in progress made in English and Maths by students identified as having barriers to their learning.
- To narrow gaps in the progress made in English and Maths by students in Local Authority care and those receiving Free School Meals.
- To increase the uptake of enrichment activities by girls and students identified as having barriers to their learning through the tracking of student participation in school activities, resultant targeted activities and increased evaluation of these activities.
- To improve attendance rates and reduce the persistent absence of all key groups of students in the school.
- To promote and enhance community cohesion and a sense of shared belonging in the school, and in the school’s neighbourhood by increasing the number of different community groups working within the school.